Thinking of starting

A forum for the discussion of antibiotics as a potential therapy for MS
jenf
Family Elder

Thinking of starting

Post by jenf »

Hi everyone,
After a failed attempt down the CCSVI road, I've decided to explore some new options. I've been trying to educate myself as much as possible on Cpn and the abx protocol. I registered with the ILADS website to get some Lyme doc names in an attempt to find a local doc who will treat. I've found a handful, but none that accept my insurance. If I can't locate one who will, I am considering going to Vanderbilt for an evaluation/consultation. I'm wondering if anyone who has done this can offer some input. I've only been researching this for a few weeks, so I'm still pretty rusty and trying to get up to speed. I've considered buying online, but on the brink of starting a DMD, I'd like to be monitored by a doc since I'll be mixing drugs. Any thoughts?
Jen

RRMS - dx 06/09
LDN - 4.5mg 06/09-present
Copaxone - 06/10-09/10
Avonex - 06/12-06/12

Late Stage Lyme - 12/10
Too many meds to list!!

Remember, today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday..
Loriyas
Family Elder

Post by Loriyas »

Jen
If you have not already done so, go to the website CPn Help
This site is a wealth of information and you MUST understand the antibiotic protocol completely before beginning.
Lori
jenf
Family Elder

Post by jenf »

Hi Lori,
Yes, I registered on the site shortly after I began researching Cpn. I've finally nailed down an appt with a Neuro who reportedly does not take an MS diagnosis lightly, and who will make sure he knows what he's dealing with. He's also open-minded (from what I've been told) and has followed the Vanderbilt research. I have to wait until May though, which right now feels like an ETERNITY! ugh...
Jen

RRMS - dx 06/09
LDN - 4.5mg 06/09-present
Copaxone - 06/10-09/10
Avonex - 06/12-06/12

Late Stage Lyme - 12/10
Too many meds to list!!

Remember, today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday..
notasperfectasyou
Family Elder

Post by notasperfectasyou »

Welcome Jen.

Lori is on it. There's a lot of info there. Please feel free to ask questions here too. We'll do what we can to help. Ken
It would be really nice to be able to put links in here

If I have included a bad link, google the word "Scholar", click link for "Google Scholar". Search for the name of the paper and author in Google Scholar.
MacKintosh
Family Elder

Post by MacKintosh »

Jen, I remember the 'eternity' of a wait for a doctor! When I was diagnosed in August of 2005, I went a little crazy, researching, researching and researching, every waking moment. I found the info about cpn around the same time I found several articles about a famous MS neuro in my city.

I began the abx (antibiotics) protocol in October, around the same time I called for an appointment with the famous neurologist. The first appointment I could get with him was in January of 2006, more than three months later. I was a basket case. I wanted that appointment more than I wanted anything in life. (Funny, the difference a few months can make. By the time I saw the neuro, I was so much better, he asked just why I was there. I scored zero on the EDSS. )

All I can tell you is, the time will go by in a flash. Give yourself a head start and begin taking the vitamins and supps, especially Vitamin D3. NAC is liver-protective and will help your body process the abx and the toxic die-off of the bacteria. Read as much as you can absorb (it gets to be a bit much at first). Print out a little bit of rudimentary cpn stuff for your doctor and get your medical records together for the visit.

Poof! Look! It's almost May!! :D
The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems. Mohandas Gandhi

Return to “Antibiotics”