This site is a must see!

A board where people can laugh about their day to day experiences with MS, to combat some of the stress that goes with this illness.
VirtuallyFine
Family Member

This site is a must see!

Post by VirtuallyFine »

This guy rocks my world...his honesty and sense of humor is just great! :wink:

http://multiplesclerosissucks.com/

an excerpt:

Since I've set up this website, I've received lots of emails telling me second-hand stories about the frustrating empathy, or lack thereof, that MS engenders in people who really should know better. I'm ashamed to say that most of these people lacking in empathy are the male spouses, lovers, or bosses of female MS sufferers. Rather than say "some people are just jerks", which is true but not a productive thing to say, I'd like to propose the MS Perspective Kit for people who lack the ability to see things from the right perspective. The contents are as follows:

The MS Perspective Kit....
http://multiplesclerosissucks.com/empathy.html
< March 20, 2004 = I want my life back *sigh*
> March 20, 2004 = ...day one on alertec = getting my life back? *grin*
fightingms
Family Member

Post by fightingms »

This is a wonderful site. It has been in my favorites for over a year.
It definitely will brighten your day......Kim
2gentle
Family Member

TOTALLY COOL SITE!

Post by 2gentle »

HI ALL :D AND HOPE YOU'RE WELL!

I REALLY LIKE THE SITE YOU MENTIONED, AND HAVE IT ON MY "FAVORITES", TOO :wink: (OF COURSE IT DOESN'T COMPARE TO *THIS* SITE,LOL, BUT IT'S NONETHELESS A VERY GOOD SITE).
Arron
Volunteer Moderator

Post by Arron »

Thanks for the plug, 2gentle :) Ian's site is great, and we hope to be viewed just as favorably.
AARON

FANTASTIC SITE...

Post by AARON »

ONE OF THE MAIN REASONS I LOVE THIS SITE, IS THAT THERE ARE *NO* DRUG COMPANIES INVOLVED!! HOW YOU DID THIS,IS BEYOND ME,BUT I CONGRATULATE YOU ON DOING SO!

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!
DIANE
Arron
Volunteer Moderator

Post by Arron »

drug companies are good in that they make life-saving medications, but they are inherently flawed because they are after all, businesses that must make money at the expense of their competitors, and sometimes, the patients.

we are operating out of our own pockets right now and our filing for official non-profit status is underway. once we get that, we'll find creative ways of funding the site without taking "dirty" (e.g., accept this money on the condition that you do something for us) money -- count on it! If we lose impartiality, there's no reason for this site to exist.
OneEyeBlind
Family Member

Post by OneEyeBlind »

Virtuallyfine,

I too, love that site! It's so radical! I have bookmarked it and recommend that everyone else does the same.

Thanks for the heads up!

Karen
(OneEyeBlind) :wink:
jazzcat
Family Member

Post by jazzcat »

Love the site! Thanks for sharing it. I'm passing it along to people I believe would enjoy it. Thanks again!

peace,
jazzcat
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Post by NHE »

This is along the same lines as the MS empathy site,
http://www.nationalmssociety.org/docs/H ... 4-Pain.pdf

View page 5. :(

Return to “Humor”