RE VITAMIN D DEFICIENCY AND POSIBLE ROLE IN M.S

A board to discuss various diet-centered approaches to treating or controlling Multiple Sclerosis, e.g., the Swank Diet
seeva
Family Elder

RE VITAMIN D DEFICIENCY AND POSIBLE ROLE IN M.S

Post by seeva »

HI Friends please read
http://multiplesclerosisnewstoday.com/2 ... sclerosis/
regards
seeva
Veralex

Re: RE VITAMIN D DEFICIENCY AND POSIBLE ROLE IN M.S

Post by Veralex »

Hi,

when I am taking higher dosages of vitamine D, I start to sweat on the head and on the chest, so it seems like my thyroid hormone level is rising instead of decreasing, is there any explanation for why these sympthoms arise? I know that the deficit of vitamine D can cause such sympthoms. Could someone comment on this? Thank you.
shadowfax
Family Member

Post by shadowfax »

I started the Coimbra protocol and had to reduce my intake from 80,000iu to 10,000iu because of
cronic constipation despite taking more than the minimum magnesium supplements.

Anyone else experience this?
euphoniaa
Volunteer Moderator

Post by euphoniaa »

shadowfax wrote:I started the Coimbra protocol and had to reduce my intake from 80,000iu to 10,000iu because of
cronic constipation despite taking more than the minimum magnesium supplements.

Anyone else experience this?

Constipation is the first side effect I experienced when I first began taking vitamin D supplements years ago. It was VERY obviously from the Vitamin D, since before then I rarely had constipation, but instead I often had the opposite problem due to my many food sensitivities.

I've experimented with only 1,000 IU to 4,000 IU day (way too much for me!) over the years due to the constant bombardment of Vit D info here, and I currently take 2,000 IU, but even that much concerns me. Although I eat an abundance of fresh fruits & veggies, occasional constipation continues to be a pain.

I'm not low on magnesium so I'm NOT going to take that, and my experiences have made me just as fearful of supplements as I am of the major MS meds. Now that I'm getting more summer sun, I'll likely cut back on my Vit D again and see if my digestive system improves.
Dx'd with MS & HNPP (hereditary peripheral neuropathy) 7/03 but must have had MS for 30 yrs before that. I've never taken meds for MS except 1 yr experiment on LDN. (I found diet, exercise, sleep, humor, music help me the most.)