(NAC) N Acetyl Cysteine please help if you know

A forum for the discussion of antibiotics as a potential therapy for MS
Ben21

(NAC) N Acetyl Cysteine please help if you know

Post by Ben21 »

I'm wondering if anyone here knows anything about this? (specifically about hypertension)

I have been taking (NAC) N Acetyl Cysteine for OCD treatment as an NDMA antagonist, and it seems to work pretty well. I am taking 600mg every six hours. Is is safe to up my daily dosage to 3600 mg? The very first time I took it I felt a kick after about 30 minutes. It doesn't appear to work the full six hours and there are sustained release tablets that are 600 mg but they are dispersed over time and are therefore less potent.

I also had to deal with some tremors and fasiculations and this seems to help out a lot with that.

I want to take one immediate release and one sustained release three times daily for a total of 3600 mg daily. Is this safe?
My doctor does not know enough about it to tell me what the negative side effects could be.
Some people have said that it will cause pulmonary hypertension. Does anyone have experience with this or know anyone who does?

Please don't tell me to go consult someone I have been dealing with this for the past five years of my life and I finally found something that gives me relief.
SarahLonglands
Family Elder

Re: (NAC) N Acetyl Cysteine please help if you know

Post by SarahLonglands »

Ben, as I posted in the General Interest forum, the amount suggested by David Wheldon is 2400mg a day but although 3600mg seems a lot, if you want to try, you will only wee out what you take too much: it's not a poison.

Sarah
An Itinerary in Light and Shadow Completed Dr Charles Stratton / Dr David Wheldon abx regime for aggressive secondary progressive MS in June 2007, after four years. Still improving with no relapses since starting. Can't run but can paint all day.
Interrupted
Family Elder

Post by Interrupted »

Ben, I take 1500mg a day fine and will end up on 2 a day (3,000mg) without worry if it doesn't give me too much heartburn...
28/07/10, 04/10/10, 16/11/10 - CCSVi Dopplers x3 ** 12/10/10 - Poland procedure. Symptoms worsened. No improvement.
13/02/12 - Wheldon ABX protocol for 1.5yrs. Fairly stable but no improvement. Unable to source alternate ABX needed.
MacKintosh
Family Elder

Post by MacKintosh »

You might want to try magnesium, too, for spasms. I was awakened every 15 to 45 minutes by full-body spams when I was first diagnosed, and the magnesium helped almost immediately.
The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems. Mohandas Gandhi
SarahLonglands
Family Elder

Post by SarahLonglands »

Ben, I presume you have read tis by Ray Sahelian MD: http://www.raysahelian.com/tylenol.html. I would say that you are on to a good thing! How is it working?

Sarah
An Itinerary in Light and Shadow Completed Dr Charles Stratton / Dr David Wheldon abx regime for aggressive secondary progressive MS in June 2007, after four years. Still improving with no relapses since starting. Can't run but can paint all day.

Return to “Antibiotics”