premixed copaxone

A board to discuss the Multiple Sclerosis modifying drug Copaxone
seahorse
Getting to Know You...

premixed copaxone

Post by seahorse »

hello everybody,

I'm taking Cop since April last year, and here in Germany, it is still to be mixed by the user. Only now they start to give us the premixed Cop. Maybe you can tell me your experience with that - to my knowledge, it is available in the U.S. for a long time now. Was it any difference for you concerning side effects, reactions on injection side etc.?

I know that the containings are the same as for the user-mixed Cop, but I think its definetly an improvement if you don't have to spend several minutes on mixing before injection, especially if you're camping (as I often do).

I think I can get these (for us germans) new Cop syringes next week or so, so I'ld like to be prepared :wink: :wink: :wink:

Thanks for answering,
antje.
"Anything essential is invisible to the eye.” Antoine de Saint Exupery, The Little Prince
Ptwo
Family Member

Post by Ptwo »

Seahorse, The side effects are the same with the premixed as they were with the old mix your own. They had some problems when they first came out with dull needles and the stopper on the plunger dragging on the inside of the barrel of the syringe. Sometimes with the autoject you would get an incomplete injection. That all seems like it's fixed now so you should have no problems.

Peter
seahorse
Getting to Know You...

Post by seahorse »

Peter,

thank you very much for this answer. So sometimes it seems to be an advantage to live in a place where you get the US-inventions a bit later, now that they fixed the intitiate problems :lol:

Have a nice day, Antje
"Anything essential is invisible to the eye.” Antoine de Saint Exupery, The Little Prince

Return to “Copaxone”